Monday 6 April 2015

My Documented Life - week 13

The prompt for week 13 was to "make a custom element". Inspired by the artists at Art to the 5th I created two pages.

For the first page, I applied my own homemade tape over a yellow background. I wrote the quote "Ride the energy of your own unique spirit" by G Roth between the lines of tape. For the main element I stamped over some strips of the same tape and then applied them, crookedly, onto a piece of card. I mounted it onto another layer and then added the bow.

For the second page, I made a quill from a drinking straw and wrote the quote in several different colours on a piece of white card. I then cut this up and stuck the pieces to my page. I added the bow, and the quote, to complement the opposite page.

4 comments:

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Oh these pages are so creatively made Jackie and in so beautiful colors.
Anni

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Both pages are fantastic, wonderful homemade tape.

Sherry said...

Two lovely pages Jackie, love what you did with the first one in particular :)

sheila 77 said...

These are good, I especially like the first one with the strips of your own tape and the crooked image, I love that.