Tuesday 2 April 2013

Surface experiments 2

Having painted the background with acrylic ink and sprayed ink through a stencil, I drew the flower and leaves onto the plaster. Then came a layer of beeswax, which I scraped into following the patterns. I then added more beeswax, suspending the small elements of collage into it.

Before adding the acrylic paint, for this tile I added modelling paste through a stencil, which acted as a resist for the paint. Then came a latyer of beeswax and some scraping.

Unfortunately, the shine on the tiles does not show in these pictures but the beeswax can be buffed to create a shiny top layer.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Fab tiles. Were you watching Hels and her melt pot on create and craft by any chance? I must admit she has tempted me to dig out the old beeswax.

K J D said...

Hey that looks fun!!!!!

I want too play :)

Karen x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful project.

Craftychris said...

These are both fabulous! I have been watching Hels using beeswax and I need some! xx