Saturday 30 July 2011

Playing with corrugated cardboard


I created this piece in several stages: to start, I ripped off some of the top layer of a piece of cardboard to reveal the corrugations. Onto the remains top layer I collaged several strips of paper and then, when dry, covered them lightly with gesso. Next came a thin layer of light green acrylic paint. I lightly stamped on some script and numbers with black StazOn ink and then stuck on the pictures of the windows (from Dezina World). I used cobalt Archival ink to stamp on the flowers and birds, and then used my white gel pen to highlight some of the features. I also used charcoal to add some shadows and provide some depth. Lastly, I went around the edges with some water-soluble pastels to add some more colour.

6 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

fantastic ! Looks gorgeous!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a wonderful piece, love the colors, the images and the texture on it.

cheryl said...

oh hun this is one brilliant piece of art love the textures hugs cheryl xxxx

Sandra Foster said...

Hello creative friend! This is really nice - love the texture of the corro!

Gaby Bee said...

I've been on holiday and have loved seeing all your art now that I'm back. Love all your latest creations, especially this one!

Have a great week!
Gaby

Nettie said...

this is beautiful Jackie - enjoying catching up - taking my time ;o) I feel so out of touch, can't wait to get my art supplies out of storage.