Wednesday 22 June 2011

Glassine papers

I bought these papers a while ago and then didn't do anything with them. A friend showed me how she had used it and then I saw Tim Holtz's blog, both of which inspired me to try out some techniques. This is what I created.


The top right and bottom left rectangles were made by scrunching-up the paper, flattening it again and applying layers of spray inks, with and without mica. I then rubbed Inka Gold paint lightly over the top to pick up the wrinkles.

The middle left piece was stamped, twice, and then heated to ensure the patterns sank into the paper.

The other three pieces were all embossed. The top left just had Perfect Pearls brushed over it. To create the effect on the bottom right piece I swiped Walnut Distress Ink over it to highlight the pattern, and for the one above I then dusted Perfect Pearls over the wet Distress Ink. I heat set them all.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

oh these are great examples hun all so effective hugs cherylxx