Tuesday 5 October 2010

Shadow box

Simon says Stamp and Show want us to use numbers in our piece this week. A while ago I bought a deep canvas in a sale with the idea of making a shadow box and so I decided to use it for the challenge this week.


To start, I painted the frame of the canvas brown. I then applied some of Tim Holtz's adhesive tape around the back edges of  it to form a frame. Into the cavity of the frame I put in part of a sheet of Tim Holtz's Lost & Found paper stack and added some words onto it. Then I made the various embellishments to decorate the frame - an assortment of grungpaper flowers, a bottle coloured red with alcohol inks with old paper stuck into it, the pins at the top stuck into an old cotton reel stuffed with kitchen paper and painted brown and the film strip. Then came the metal frame in the top right corner, the numbers and words using cork letter tiles. Double-click on it to see all the details. Hope you like it!

9 comments:

cheryl said...

oh jackie this is just fantastic really stunning work gosh its really one fantastic design hun totally love it hugs cheyrl xxxxxxxxx

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful altered frame, love all the collage elements!

Sue West said...

What a superb frame, and your collage is fabulous.
Sue x

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Jackie, this is stunning! I love what you are making and will be back later for a proper peruse of all your lovely posts again. Pen x

Martina said...

Wow, amazing Jackie! I love this fabulous shadow box !!
It is totally awesome my friend.

froebelsternchen said...

love your shadow box ...your Journal entry (....... not broken my neck ...lol) and your fabulous tag !

xxx Susi

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is fabulous! I love the different photos and the bottle w the letter - the flowers are stunning as well!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Kat said...

wonderful piece of art,
love all the elements,
colours are perfect,
fab job,
Kathleen.

Unknown said...

Jackie ... this is a stunner ... I totally love the use if Lord Tim's piccies! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!