Monday 12 July 2010

A wall hanging


I have just finished making this wall-hanging.

It started out as a piece of corrugated cardboard. I peeled back some of the top layer to reveal the ridges, applied gesso over it and then, using baby wipes, I lightly swiped several layers of different coloured acrylic paint over it. Whilst this was drying, I cut an oblong piece of card from the DCWV Mariposa stack, distressed the edges, wiped them with the same colours of paint and stamped on the quote (one of Tim Holtz's stamps). I took a piece of green vellum  and tore the edges to give a distressed look. Then came the embellishments. The key comes from K&CO. For the decorative metal strip, I stuck a piece of metal to a piece of scrap card and embossed it using my Cuttlebug. The swirls are Grungeboard covered with a cream acrylic paint and then sprayed with Glimmer Mist. I layered all the different elements, stuck them down with Glossy Accents and then added the clip and ribbons.

2 comments:

Martina said...

Your wall hanging is very successful, Jackie. The color, the quote and the whole design. Just a poem ! I am excited.

Sandra Hall said...

Mmmm I likey! The colour scheme is fab!