Saturday 20 March 2010

Itinerary 12

'Proverbs' is the theme this week.

My mixed media pages concentrate on one of my favourite proverbs: today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all is well. I started with a plain geen acrylic background upon which I wrote the proverb in big black letters. I then applied gesso over this and, once dry, added patches of different colours of paint. I stamped some images in black and embossed them. I wrote the proverb again in smaller letters using three different types of pen. Some related words were written randomly about the piece and faux stitches were drawn around the page edges.




My digital piece uses a different proverb: a bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.

Credits: A. Sexton & T. Baxter - AJC 12; T. Baxter - Junque Journal (All SBG)

1 comment:

The Scrappy Tree said...

I absolutely love the colours on your journal pages :) beautiful! And the crow on the digital page, so lovely!