Monday 26 October 2009

Decorative box

Pink is not usually a colour I would choose, and so for this project I decided to move out of my comfort zone, although I wasn't brave enough to go for the pale pink! We painted the box surfaces in the colour of our choice i.e dark pink for me.

We created two collages with stamps and painted them with various Glimmer Mists (a technique discovered by Lin & Leandra). When ready, these were glued to the inner surfaces of the box and a quote stamped onto the inner flap.

Next came the copper embellishments. The strips around the box, a corner piece on the first collage, the wings on the front of the box and some time pieces inside. These were all stamped onto the metal, cut out and decorated with pink Glimmer Mist.

The decoration on the front was made by sticking a painted, stamped image behind a chipboard fob and filling it with crackle paint (left overnight to dry).

No comments: